Monir Precision Monitoring is an industry-leading boutique firm specialized in field instrumentation monitoring for the civil engineering construction market. Our focus is to build long-term relationships with our employees and our clients through excellent customer service and strong field and technical expertise.
Do you imagine working for a company that places high value on:
- Life - Work balance
- Conducting business in an ethical, friendly and optimistic manner
- Promotion of continuous improvement in the industry as well as in our employees
As one of Canada’s leading geo-structural precision monitoring companies for the civil engineering construction market, we place high value on creating a workplace where we challenge people to be creative and innovative and reward individuals for their efforts.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a dynamic individual with 3 - 5 years’ experience using precision survey techniques with exposure to heavy civil construction. As an ISO registered organization, we're looking for someone who understands that processes are an important step in providing standardized reports to our clients, and that having this designation, we are committed to continually improving our means and methods in order to provide our clients with the highest quality data and reporting.
This role requires high attention to detail and understanding of precision survey techniques as individuals will be required to set up and take survey readings to millimeter accuracies.
Applicant qualities should include:
- Related post-secondary education (i.e.: geomatics engineering technologist, survey engineering technologist).
- A self-starter, able to work alone as well as in a collaborative environment and exhibits excellent time management skills; you will be required to schedule and plan your own work, as well as support team members.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have experience working with hand tools and drills.
- Physical activities required, such as: carrying equipment, loading and unloading materials (50 lbs or more).
- Willing to travel; must have own vehicle, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Our work requires driving in urban environments, including on 400-series highways and downtown Toronto. Mileage and parking reimbursed for travel from our offices to client sites.
- Knowledgeable working in Microsoft Office (including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and cloud-based computing.
- Understanding of Lotus Notes and other data management software is an asset.
- Experience working with a variety survey technologies, including: robotic total stations, automated total stations, digital levels, field computers, etc.
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment; a lot of our work is within the heavy civil construction industry and you will spend a lot of time on construction sites.
- Follow company Health and Safety policy, OHSA, and PPE requirements.
- Ability to follow procedures.
Monir will provide: a company laptop, mobile phone (with option to bring your own), mileage and parking reimbursement, and health benefits package to name a few. The option to telecommute is available but dependent on the work.
To learn more about our company, we invite you to visit our website, monir.ca.
Monir Precision Monitoring Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We offer a company laptop, company mobile phone and employee health benefits. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.